We , at Danny’s Tree Service of Clearwater-Florida , specialize in all phases of Tree work – residential and commercial, thus we know very well how to take care of your trees…we have been doing so since 1984 !
According to Wikipedia – Internet’s Free Encyclopedia – Trees are an important component of the natural landscape because of their prevention of erosion and the provision of a weather-sheltered ecosystem in and under their foliage. They also play an important role in producing oxygen and reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, as well as moderating ground temperatures. They are also elements in landscaping and agriculture, both for their aesthetic appeal and their orchard crops (such as apples). Wood from trees is a building material, as well as a primary energy source in many developing countries. Trees also play a role in many of the world’s mythologies.
- ‘Dead wooding ‘a tree helps by eliminating entry points of disease in larger limbs, this also enhances aromas.
- ‘Thinning’ allows wind to flow through the tree safely, along with extra light and more sun.
- ‘Weight reduction’ makes the tree safer.
- ‘Root pruning’ protects paths and driveways from cracking and/or uneven surfaces.
- Individual branches, limbs over roofs, pool cages, sheds, paths, driveways and wires must be removed carefully.
- ‘Stump removal’ – we leave you the mulch – it enables better use of your garden, flowers beds and lawns.
You can find more, plenty more on so many sites…for more info , check out our links , on the right .There are also so many video clips as well..
Check out this one :
Prepare your Trees for a cold Winter
Prevention is your best form of defense.Winter is especially hard on trees.Diseased limbs can break, damaging your deck, roof, house, or worse yet, taking down near-by power lines.Once your trees start to lose their leaves, examine them to detect cracked, diseased and dead branches…also for possible defects in the structure of the tree …you have to evaluate too the trees canopy for possible thinning to reduce wind resistance..view if your branches are too close to structures and power lines.
The growing season has come to an end…you may think that you no longer need to worry about your trees and landscape, however, now is one of the best times to have your trees evaluated and pruned.
Proper pruning now will reduce damage to your trees during winter storms and encourage new growth and overall health in the spring.Call us today to make sure that your trees and landscape are ready for this cold winter.
The Tampa Bay area is one of the most lightning-active places in the world and receives a high concentration of lightning strikes every year.Lightning strikes can cause fires plus both mechanical and biological damage to your trees. You can install lightning protection systems to help protect your trees from potential lightning damage.
The cost of lightning protection systems is relatively small compared to the value of your trees. The removal of a lightning-damaged tree can cost more than a lightning protection system. They are a great way to help protect historic trees or trees which have sentimental value or aesthetic value in your landscape.
Make sure that your contractor meets the standards adopted by the Tree Care Industry Association and installs them according the guidelines of the American National Standards Institute – A300 Part 4.
For more info on this subject , please refer to this link :
Enjoy this video clip :
Water damage can destroy furniture, cabinets, walls, floors and more, but that’s just the beginning of the problem!
When water damage is not treated immediately it can lead to moist and humid conditions that toxic mold grows in. Don’t let water damage develop into a much bigger and more expensive problem.
If you have leaks, flooding, leaking or broken pipes, soggy or swelling cabinets, soaked or wet carpet, sewage backup, garbage disposal leaks, slab leaks or any type of standing water in your Florida home or business, it is important to find and fix the problem as soon as possible.
YOUR HEALTH MAY DEPEND ON IT !
Watch this video from NBC News :
All about Lawns
Knowing how to cut your lawn is just one of those little things that we take for granted. Cutting your grass can be much tougher than it looks. You need a definite plan to deal with tricky aspects such as navigating rough terrain and achieving desired blade length.
Follow this plan and you’ll get good results :
- Blade Height. Set the blade height on your push or pull lawn mower to the middle setting. Cutting the grass too low results in scorched soil in the sun. Cutting it too long encourages difficult cutting the next time.
- Cut in Rows. The safest pattern for you to cut your lawn as a rookie is straight lines along one of the sides. This will keep your rows even and ensure that you cut all of the blades without missing spots.
- Circle the Beds. When you reach a bed in the middle of your lawn, cut a row or two around the circumference of the bed. This will make sure that you get all of the blades around a difficult section of the grass.
- Check the Bag Often. One thing that can ruin your lawn is to let the catching bag get too full. Then clumps of grass begin falling into freshly cut rows which can cause the grass that the clumps fall on to die.
- Cut Often. Cutting your lawn often is the best way to encourage it to grow lush and full. Cutting too often is simply a waste of effort and materials. Once every week or so should be plenty for most climates.
Rita and Danny